South Coast Blaze calls on talented netball players to trial for 2021 Talent Identification Program
South Coast Blaze, in partnership with Kiama Netball Association, Shoalhaven Netball Association and Illawarra District Netball Association, are excited to announce that registration to trial for the 2021 South Coast Blaze Talent Identification Program (TIP) is now open.
South Coast Blaze TIP is an elite netball development program that is available to talented female and male athletes aged 14 to 18 from the NSW South Coast, Far South Coast (Eurobodalla, the Sapphire Coast, Southern Highlands, etc.), the Southern Tablelands (Goulburn, Queanbeyan, etc.), Southern Sydney and surrounding regions.
“Following on from the successful launch of TIP in 2020, we are excited to bring back the program in 2021 for both female and male players. We created TIP to help develop local players into future elite netball players, providing them with an opportunity to train with other talented players and receive specialist coaching in a high performance environment, and last year we saw so many great players develop,” said Michele Harvey, South Coast Blaze Board Member and TIP Coordinator.
“TIP is a great pathway for netballers, with some of our 2020 TIP players successfully advancing in the NSW State Team trials and a few will also soon be announced in our South Coast Blaze Premier League teams. For this year’s trials, we are looking for passionate netball players who want to challenge themselves and gain new skills, including previous TIP players, those that may not have been successful last year, rep players, development players and talented new players.”
Trials will be held on Sunday 28 February, 2021, at Shoalhaven Indoor Sports Centre from 10am – 1pm, with trial registrations closing at midnight on Sunday 21 February, 2021. Players who have been successfully selected in the TIP Junior and Senior Squads will be coached across eight 2 hour sessions by accredited coaches.
“This year Tracey Connolly, who has many years of netball coaching experience across Reps and Metro League, will act as TIP Head Coach and she will be supported by a team of experienced coaches from the South Coast and Southern Sydney region, including Premier League, Metro League and Rep coaches, as well as former elite players,” added Michele.
The 2021 TIP coaching staff, who each hold either a Development, Intermediate, Advanced or Elite Coaching Accreditation, includes:
- Tracey Connolly (TIP Head Coach), Campbelltown District Netball Association Rep Co-ordinator and Metro League Coach
- Donna Fearon, former UK Netball Superleague player
- Kimberlee Gilmour, former Hunter Jaegers and Sydney Swifts player
- Natalie Behl (nee Sloane), former Adelaide Thunderbirds, Sydney Swifts and Queensland Firebirds player
- Dennis Napara, South Coast Blaze Opens Assistant Coach and NSW Men’s 20s Coach
- Heath Sangster, Illawarra Opens Rep Coach and former NSW Men’s player
- Mark Ireland, Campbelltown Metro League Coach and previous NSW Indoor Men’s and Mixed Coach, and Australian Men’s Reserve Assistant Coach
- Sarah Bowen, Sydney Netball Academy coach and previous Illawarra Academy of Sport Coach
- Jessica Davis, Illawarra Academy of Sport Assistant Coach and Shoalhaven U17s Rep Coach
- Michelle Blanch, Kiama Rep Coach
- Marji Parr (Guest Coach), South Coast Blaze Opens Head Coach
- Regan Tweddle (Guest Coach), South Coast Blaze U23s Head Coach
To register, head to http://bit.ly/SCBTIPTRIALS2021
DATE: Sunday 28 February, 2021
TIME: 10am – 1pm
WHERE: Shoalhaven Indoor Sports Centre
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 21 February, 2021
2021 TALENT IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM
WHAT: 8 Sessions x 2 hours of advanced coaching for a select number of athletes in Junior & Senior Squads
DATES: March, April, July & August 2021
WHERE: Shoalhaven Indoor Sports Centre, Illawarra Sports Stadium & Kiama Leisure Centre
COST: $260 pp (includes South Coast Blaze training singlet)